"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How I met my partner, RUNNING!

JULY
Total miles: 243.5
Last weeks Miles: 66
Issues: Extra tired, no time for a siesta. Extra sore, Mild plantar fasciitis pain.


Regardless of me running only 1 other ultra, I am such a beginner. I lack the knowledge, the skill and the experience but I am in love with the running. I am going into this believing that my love for running can trump all the rest.
 
That may be a total bonehead move, however, I never claimed to be a rockstar Ultra runner.
Trails are an area that I am lacking once again in my training.
But the reality is I am a chicken. I am forever thinking that there is something going to POP out behind a tree or a bush and get me. Or that there is some pervert out there going to bet this little Mexican. Even my family are always teasing me, "Mom, Be careful, You are such an easy victim..."
They plant these seeds and I play out these ridiculous scenarios of me defending myself against God know what. Of course, I win every time and the bag guy takes a fierce beating from the underdog! I am one bad A$$ in my dreams! Considering I am 5'1 and 101 LBs soaking wet. I have been given the body of a 12 year old boy in desperate need of Botox and a root touch up!
Not so intimidating. As much as I can talk, I would probably be a better negotiator.
 
Slight "rabbit Trail"..no pun intended!
 
Ultra training this week has left me sore. I could barely walk at work Tuesday. I put heels on in hopes it would help stretch my foot out. But it was beyond the foot. It was the booty and the quads. BURN. I think it was Sundays trail run with Ken, Claudia and Jama. As much as I loved the 10 miles in the trails, it seriously abused me. A welcomed abuse! There is something wonderful about being sore. As painful as it is, it is like a trophy.
 
I was still in the hurt locker this morning. I met MARYANN at 7 Lakes. We both agreed to a easy run. It was delightful!  
 
RUNNER SPOTLIGHT
MARY ANN
 
 

 
 
 
How I met Mary Ann: I was shopping at the local grocery store: As I walked in I noticed a Girl Scout cookie stand. If you know me, you know I LOVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! Mary ANN was there with her daughter selling cookies. With a very soft voice and big smile she said "Are you Anita, the runner?" The story and conversation went something like that. This all happened about 3 years ago. My Memory is not one of my better assets.
Our children go to the same school and she joined a running club I was leading. The rest is history!
Mary Ann has ran 3 Marathons, Chicago, Detroit and Bayshore.
And multiple half marathons.
She is an adventurer, camping, kayaking, running and biking.
 
 
Once a week or so I will put up a profile of one my running partners. I thought this would be fun!




ANITA~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment