"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 12, 2015

Rebound Rules For Running.

The best laughter is the good old fashion pee your pants kind of laughter. Andy's mom has this laughter down.

Today, at the gym I found myself laughing a lot.





  • I laughed at the nail polish that was in the treadmill compartments. "Seriously? Nail Polish? I could see someone's snot rag, or lip balm, but nail polish??!!
  • I laughed when Jeff showed up and I had someone to pick on. I think he tells me stories so I will make fun of him. He is like a comedy of errors. When I feel like I am the biggest klutz or mistake maker, I can think of Jeff and just start laughing at his out of the ball park stories.
  • I laughed at Natalie from the gym. She was having a manic Monday. By the time she crossed my path the only vocabulary she was left with were 4 letter words . Not the ones you say at the dinner table. They were coming so frequently that I couldn't believe she was breathing through them. I was cracking up, I may have encouraged her language by my laughter.
  • I found myself laughing at myself all afternoon. I forgot to bring a change of shoes to do my errands after the gym. All I had were these big old snow boots that are a size to big. When I walk the clunk and echo. It is a bit obnoxious and a major over kill for the weather we had today. 
    Jeff, just looking at how he is all contorted in The Cage, makes me giggle! Such a great coach to me though!
When I am running, I have bouts of discouragement. My WHOLE body hurts. I feel slow, I feel weak, I feel old and washed up.
I try to encourage myself and suck it up. Embrace the SUCK. Today I pulled out one of my old Runners World magazines and this is what I found:

3 REBOUND RULES:
  1. Cross Train: If you are coming back form an injury, swap one for your typical weekly runs for a nonimpact workout (swim, spin, do yoga) to make sure your just healed muscles and joints aren't overworked.
  2. Stay Present: Don't panic if the start of your run doesn't go well. Relax your shoulders breathe deeply, and think of the next mile as a brand new opportunity.
  3. Bounce back: Fall short of a race goal? Analyze what went wrong and sign up for an event where you can apply lessons learned.
I thought of Javon, A friend of mine who recently started his own blog Prepping 4 Life. I took 20 minutes and prepped all my vegetable snacks for the week.
 
RUNDOWN:
GAC. Treadmill. 6 miles.
 Did a little of this and that on the machine. Rolled and stretched double time. Upper Body. Cold Plunge, Hot tub and Sauna, I traded in my shower for the last two!
 
MY ALPHABET FUN: Each post I will post the word for the day that coincides with that letter.
ANGELS: "We entertain Angels Unaware.."
Hebrew 13:2
Thankful for those Angels out there that protect and direct.
 
ANITA 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment