"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Running on E!

 

I seriously have no idea where the days have gone.

Austin and I came home from his 8th grade Washington DC trip this morning.
In the days that we were in Washington DC we slept little, walked a lot and packed in so much I lost track of days.

I was really proud of the XC kids that went. One morning 5 boys showed up to meet me down in the lobby of our hotel for a 5k run into the Pentagon.
This was one of the highlights of my trip.

As for running, I only got 2 runs in, however I was so sore from walking that it felt like I had ran a marathon.

We left last night from DC to drive again through the night and arrive back home around 8 am this morning.
We had very nice coach buses for the trip and I was fortunate to have 2 seats to sleep in. Unfortunately, I have restless legs and ended up sleeping on the floor with the kids coming home. It was surprising comfortable in comparison to traveling to DC on the seats. Even getting kicked in the head and smelling stinky feet was better then my legs convulsing for 8 hours.

So the plan is I want to do another spring marathon. I think.
"Michelle B" has been a big part of wanting to do more than one Marathon in a season.
In order to decide if this was a possibility I had to keep my miles up. CHECK.
And I needed a long run.
I have been so busy the last 4 weeks that I have not hardly even had time to blog let alone get a long run in.

But today..this morning getting off the bus I planned on getting my long run in. The original plan was to get off the bus and come home and catch on my sleep.
Sleep..could be postponed. I needed to run MORE. I needed to see if I could do it. I needed to confirm if my body could handle a 16 mile run.

"Paula" and I were on the same bus together and before I fell asleep I looked at her and said "So Paula, I think I am going to keep on moving when we get home. I am going to get my long run in..You want to join me?"
It didn't take much more than that to finalize the  details for our run when the bus stopped back in Michigan.

We arrived in Michigan at 7:25am and by 8am I was heading to "Paula's" for my first long run in 6 weeks.
Long Run - more me this is anything over 15 miles when training for a marathon.
 
We needed to be running quick to prevent getting scorched my the heat. The first 12 miles were relatively cool but the last 4 miles I was more than hot, I was also sore. My quads were burning but I knew that even soreness would go away. 

After accomplishing my long run I resigned to the early endorphin thoughts of painting and washing windows and decided to head for the bed.

I was sawing logs sleeping within 5 minutes. Austin had crawled into my bed when I left to go running and he was dead to the world when I crawled in next to him. I was so exhausted I fell asleep with the ice Velcro-ed around my knee, my Garmin still on my wrist, no shower and my running belt on my waist!

I think I am going to sign up for Ann Arbor Marathon tomorrow. I feel pretty good for now.....
RUNDOWN:
Distance: 16.04
Pace: 9:11
Time: 2:27

“We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible.”
 - Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld

Heading back to bed!
Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment