"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 4, 2013

Motivational Moday..See ya Super Bowl Sunday!

Did you eat too many chicken wings during Super Bowl Sunday?
How about Chips and dip? Pizza? Soda?
Did you turn Super Bowl Sunday into Super Bowel Monday? UGH..Right!?

A lot of people begin the New Year off with all these great resolutions. A lot of us set goals of races, goals of working out, hitting the gym and getting healthier.
But by the time the Super Bowl comes around most of us fall off the wagon. Never to return.

Suck it UP Buttercup.
It is time to get back on TRACK...figuratively ..and literally!

I too enjoyed a couple wings. Andy Surprised me and the boys and made his own. And they were awesome.

 6 Easy Ways to Start Back at it.

  1. Clean out the Fridge! Get rid of the processed, high fat, left overs you keep drawing yourself back too. That means the left over DIPS TOO!
  2. Clean out the Cupboards! Grieve and Get over it. Bye Bye cookies and chips. 
  3. Back to the gym. Don't be another STATISTIC! 
  4. Go buy yourself something to inspire you to want to work out..new socks, shoes, Magazine...
  5. Call your work out/running partner and plan a date. They probably need a little motivation too!
  6. Restock the Fridge and Cupboards.
__________________________________________________________________________________
We make smoothies everyday. My boys love the ones with milk, chocolate, bananas and peanut butter in them.
I do too, however the fruit ones are more my thing.
The Magic Bullet is ON SALE this week at MACYS! Regularly $79.99 it is on sale for $49.99! This is a great deal. AND if you donate and get a pin to get you  ANOTHER 20% off!
Smoothies are great for when you are on the go. It takes me about 5 minutes to make one and they can act as a meal replacement. I was at a meeting today and "Melissa" had a funky looking drink in a cup. I asked her what it was. She said it was her meal replacement..or recovery Super Bowl drink!


These are some of the ingredients I put  in my smoothies: I also like Spinach, Flax seed, Frozen Yogurt, Bananas, Kiwi, Kale, Almond milk, Rice Milk, and Chocolate!

I got a NEW RECIPE from my friend "Paula" 

1/4 cup cooked sweet potato
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop protein powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Ice in blender!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7 miles
Mile 1: warm up. Slow and steady
4 miles @ a 7:15 pace.
2 miles cool down with fartleks and slower pace.
Ran the Track.
I was kinda a Butthead today. After huffing and puffing through my 4 mile stint I brought my pace down and walked the track once around. As I was finishing that lap a pretty big guy ran past me. Motivated by this guy who was looking over his shoulder I took my walk to a run...right behind him.
I stayed back about 10 feet and didn't pass him. About every 800 meters he would turn his head wondering what I was doing. I was pacing off of him. My body wanted to continue to WALK. But I chose to stay on his heels to motivate myself to take myself beyond my comfortable place.
I even encouraged him to go to the next level. I felt him push his pace up several time which was a real challenge for me to keep up but I did!

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path: don't allow yourself to become one of them."
Ralph Martson

Now GO CLEAN OUT YOUR FRIDGE!!
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment