"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, November 19, 2012

Sharing Victories

This week has barely started and yet I am flying on some victories of both mine and others!

Let me share.

 “If you think you can win, you can. Faith is necessary to victory.”
- William Hazlitt

For four weeks I have been checked out in the parenting department and many other departments. I am around, I am body but my shell was empty. The last week I pulled up my big girl pants and despite my grief and heartbreak from losing Ariel I knew I had to pull it together.
Today at parent teacher conference's ( great way to start off a Monday..UGH)  I got a lot of the same info.
Both the boys made Honor Roll and both the boys had remarks like:
"He has to have the last word."
"He just needs to learn how to control himself."
"He is hilarious I find myself laughing at him all the time, he is just a bit disruptive."
But even throughout the comments I was so pleased with the grades and also the fact the teachers really do enjoy my boys. My cousin "Vince" made a comment how that reflects my parenting. That meant a lot. So Even though it is my KIDS victory I too am claiming it!

Andy's Mom gets Ariel's mail still. And she got a letter from U of M stating that Ariel made the DEANS LIST again!!!! She worked so very hard.

Vince, Vince, and Sean, my cousins!
I have a Second Cousin, "VINCE M" who had his Pro Deput this past weekend at the PALACE and had a incredible VICTORY!

 "Although there may be tragedy in your life, there's always a possibility to triumph. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always"

I went for a run later this afternoon when time allowed. I had a great run without any timing device. Only because it DIED..the battery wasn't charged! I took off running in yet another spectacular day. My left knee was a little weak so I really concentrated on my gait and my form. I ran hard and was glad I did when I saw the sun setting quicker than I had expected. By the time I got home it was dark out and I was pooped out. I saw the mail sitting on the counter. I quickly went to see what jackpot I had sitting there...The advertisements and catalogs this time of year are a guilty pleasure of mine. On top of Macys and Bed Bath and Beyond sat a large envelope.
 Today I got my Acceptance letter in the mail from the B.A.A.  They accepted ME!!!

Most Victories  are a little sweeter when conquered after defeat. I have had many adversities try to knock me down and I can say the same about those I spoke of too. But one thing stands true...We Got Back UP!!!

Thomas Paine
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value."

 Be Victorious. Dig Deep. No excuses. Do something Awesome!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment