"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mommas words always spring back up...

"Once you sit down, You can never get back up!" Mary Lou.
My mom used to always say this to my sister and I when we came home from school. The basis was to keep moving to get your chores done because the longer you delayed  the more comfortable you got and once you SAT down you were toast.
I work Friday and Saturday on my feet all day.  So today after coming home from that second day I am usually tired. Now that the warmth isn't available to invite me into its elements I had to get some internal motivation to put the running shoes on. The sun was shining and the temperature was a perfect 60 degrees. But I came home and SAT. Yup. I tuned out the voices in my head trying to convince me to keep moving. I exchanged those motivational mantra for putting my feet up on my bed and wasting time playing WORDS WITH FRIENDS instead.
Andy was sitting next to me with Sheba covering me, which  just made me settle in more. "Anita, aren't you gonna go running? "You better go now if you are gonna go."  Andy said coaxing me to get going.
I looked at the clock and it said 3:45. Yup. I knew it was do or die. I knew that the longer I sat there in my NOTHING BOX the harder it was going to be to move.
I got dressed and was out of the house by 4 pm. I reminded myself to go out steady and smooth. Do not concentrate on the Garmin. Do 5 miles at a conversational pace. I decided I would run the route with the hills first. It was so nice out. As I turned onto the dirt road I had found myself. I had locked in my breathing and was settling into my comfort zone. The first 2 miles I always struggle and adding hills did  not make it a easy beginning. Hills make you a stronger runner. They help improve endurance and add strength to your training.
Getting the hills out of the way allowed me to go on cruise control the rest of the way home.  It was like dessert, I had saved the best for last!
That last 500 meters I was digging the heels in hard. No Pain-No Gain. Not to the point of being stupid but to the point your lungs want to explode, the blood has left your face and if you have any food its making its way through your esophagus. To the point you recognize the sensation of PAIN. You have to recognize what PAIN feels like to know to accept it with appreciation and love. The Pain produces Endurance. Our initial reaction to pain is to retract and retreat, But PAIN is a catalyst for strength and stamina. When you recognize and embrace pain as a stepping stone towards growth you will find that it seeps into all arenas of your life as well~~

THE RUNDOWN
Time:40:27
Pace:7:52
Distance:5:15
Thoughts: Progressive run. Each mile got consecutively faster. Beginning with 8:20 and finishing with 7:25.
Have not been eating healthy the last couple nights. Pizza, chocolate, Hardly any vegetables except for salads. Slacking on my recovery protein drinks and JUICE PLUS.
If you are gonna train hard you have to eat Good for the best performance.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment