"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Short and Sweet:TAPERING

35 Miles..That is what I was planning this  week. As I look at my NIKE PLUS history on my Ipod it reads:
Sunday April 3-7.08
Monday...Not recorded but 3.6
Wednesday April 6-7.04
Thursday 7-16.32
TOTAL-34.04
A little short but that is OK. Every run was a good run. They all felt good. They left me feeling complete and confident.
As I ran this past week here were some of the thoughts that ran through my head.

"THANK YOU GOD" Thank you for healing me the last few weeks. Thank you for giving me strength when just 7 weeks ago I did not think I was going to even be able to complete the Boston Marathon. 7 weeks ago I could barely run to 9 miles without being riddled in pain. Pain so bad it affected my gait and my go. The pain mentally tortured me before physically birthing itself through my knee. This pain sabotaged my thoughts before ever even rearing its ugly face. I found myself entertaining thoughts of doubt and discouragement. Now I am grateful HE did not turn away from me. Through faith he healed me.

I had made a bad decision one day and it haunted me. As I was running I filtered my mistakes though my head thinking about how I could recover from it and what I should have done differently. I love running when there are things that I am struggling with. It is this time when there are no distractions that keep me from visiting these areas.  It is when I am running that I can hear a voice BIGGER than my own. While I am running I can not only recognize my problems but also search for a  healthy way of recovering from them. I am able to dislocate my emotions from logic and find that I am more loving, forgiving ( to myself and others) and capable of handling life and the obstacles it presents.

One day while running I just felt Bionacle! My legs were hitting the pavement almost robotic like. Methodical. My Body felt poised and warrior like. I felt like I was a character in a SCI FI movie. During this run I was thinking about what kind of time I thought I could accomplish at the Boston. I was wondering if I could actually set a PR. If it was possible to set a PR without training hills or doing any speed work. What was my body and my mind capable of accomplishing? I was punching numbers and adding times. I was dreaming and goal setting. I was praying and preparing. What was I capable of accomplishing against the odds? What were my odds after this past couple months of being injured? During this run I felt encouraged, I felt strong and I felt Gods still small voice saying.."Very Good, Anita, I have equipped you, I have healed you, I have a victory ALL READY WAITING FOR YOU!!" As much as I felt encouraged and loved I was overwhelmed with gratitude and humility. So thankful for not giving up when he KNEW what he had prepared for me! Little ole me..
Jere29:11'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
TWO CENTS WORTH TIP: During a 10-mile run, the feet make 15,000 strikes, at a force of three to four times the body’s weight.
 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment