- a 7:30pm Halloween race, in the dark through the cemetery.
- Invited by Danielle, her home town, all three of us dressed up as witches.
- Lacey and I decided we wanted to "FUN RUN" it.
- Danielle wanted to RACE it. As Danielle coaxed us to the front of the runners, Lacey and I secretly looked at each other in fear!
- We stayed with Danielle for about a block. Then looking at each other we started laughing and making really ridiculous jokes, about Zombies, passing SpongeBob, and how we were gonna get our clothes off...
- It was 65 degrees, we were overdressed. Between mile 2 and 3 we were on the side trying to take our layers off. Everything was pinned together, we both were glowing in the dark, bare white skin, with our sports bras and TU TU's on.
- Laughing so hard at the looks we were getting as we tried to dress ourselves again we started peeing our pants.
- Never done before in a 10K...we took off in the woods, forgetting we had glow in the dark bangles, we made a bathroom in the woods.
- We never stopped laughing and cutting up with the volunteers. One group of 6 kids were located on a curve we hit 3 times, They LOVED us, they shouted, high fived us, low fived us and rocked our world in a runners sense!
- SOMEHOW Lacey and I managed to changed our clothes, repin our bibs, pee in the woods, pass Spongbob, get passed by SpongeBob and still finish with a sub 9 minute mile!
Temp: 36' with wind chill 20'
Easy run, if you don't include the cold and the wind that ripped your face off. We did see a nice size buck, it looked like a 6pt, he was majestic, stunning. We didn't auto pause, we made a couple stops for pics.
Another one of my favorite routines this time of year is running with Danielle every Thursday! ____________________________________________________________________________
I made Energy Bites this afternoon
2 cups Oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Bees knees)
1/3 cup honey (Local honey is the best way to go)
1/2 cup flax seed, the recipes call for it ground, I like it whole
1/2 cup chocolate chips, I added white chips too
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together, refridgerate for 30 minutes, roll into balls, keep refrigerated.